Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Drunk doesn't equal fun!

Sail Date: February 16, 2009

We had cruised on a family type ship previously and were expecting to have the same type of experience this time. This was our 2nd cruise. We didnt enjoy it as much as the 1st cruise.
The staff (room Stewart, wait staff, etc) were pleasant and personable. They seemed to care if you were having a good time and asked what they could do to improve your experience. We were having a good time until we were bombarded with some drunken passengers that had no regard for the personal space and who felt it was okay to proposition other passengers in front of their spouses. The entertainment staff seemed to push the fact that drinking alcohol equals having fun which made for bad behavior by some passengers. We do drink alcohol and did have a nice evening out for ourselves while our 13 yr old hang out with her age group and did activities (which she did most nights anyway).
I major flaw I saw was we had bought fountain cards for unlimited soda. The only place to get soda was at one of the bars. After our experiences with some other passengers behavior we were not happy and most reluctant to have our daughter go get soda on her own and we ourselves had to find quieter places to get our soda in peace.
I also felt as a first time cruiser with this line that I was not well informed of anything. We were advised by the Entertainment Director to seek out experienced cruisers for information. Upon our debarkment I did not have the proper form (which I was told they should have given me) to hand in which caused me to be screened by Customs and Border Patrol even though I hadnt bought anything to bring home that needed to be declared.

Pros: Activities for my 13 yr old.

Cons: All the encouragement to be drinking alcohol

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

Went shopping (plenty of that there- of course the cruise line has deals set up with merchants there so that you will visit certain stores).
Don't Miss: ?
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Market type shopping. Small town with not much going on. We went to the beach.
Don't Miss: ?