Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Mexico

1st time cruiser

Sail Date: October 01, 2007

This was my 1st cruise. I was very suprised. It was over all very good. I expected bigger and more pools however. We stopped in Progresso--didnt go to the city because unsure of travel arangements. Progresso it self was a good, cheap tourist trap! We spent hours shopping at the port stores.

The state room stewards were the best! We asked for an elephant one night and we got one! We requested a different animal every night and they gave it to us.

Camp Carnivals 9-11 party night was a big let down. Not enough kids to put it on and parents were not advised. Kids checked them selves in for it and could not check them selves out w/o a parent and we got charged babysitting fees (because we were not in our room to get the pick-up call), we were at a show.

I also thought they would hold the more popular 'seminars' more then once. I wanted to go to the towel folding thing but they only held it once at 9:30 in the morning!

I also didnt expect all the drunks on board. I guess when you are a 'fun ship' thats what you get.

I will cruise again, but perhaps a more family oriented ship/line.

Pros: state room service

Cons: lack of shows

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!