Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Mexico

A relaxing, fun cruise

Sail Date: November 01, 2006

The Fantasy is just what New Orleans needs to attract tourists and afford it's own population a chance to get away and relax! The spa area was particularly well done, with a peaceful waiting area. I received an excellent massage. Our stateroom was outfitted with enough storage to satisfy 3 women with lots of "stuff". The bathroom was larger than I expected - and probably larger than that of larger, newer ships, such as the Conquest. The pool area was always festive and well-attended. There was always a waiter around when you needed him. The food everywhere was very good. We enjoyed using Room Service to bring us a pot of coffee and a continental breakfast each morning, so we didn't have to wait till we got dressed for "that first cup". All in all, it was a fantastic ship and a "fantascy" of a vacation.

Pros: I enjoyed the "Taste of the Nation" theme for lunch in the Windows of the Sea restaurant - it was very well done.

Cons: The dressing table was not a good place to fix hair and makeup because there were no lights above the mirror. We were 3 girls sharing a stateroom, so that was very important. The dining room ceiling seemed low. If my memory serves me correctly, newer ships like the Conquest have higher ceilings.

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!