Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great!Even for a single older woman

Sail Date: September 01, 2006

This was my first cruise. I am a 50 year old (single for over 20 years) woman that had always wanted to go on a cruise. I love to take vacations alone but was afraid I would feel out of place alone on a cruise. My cousin and her husband were going on the Fantasy, leaving from Port Canaveral, going to Nassau, Half Moon Bay and one day at sea. Though I hesitated until the last minute, I decided to go. I am so glad I did. I had done a lot of "internet" research about cruises and was not always happy with the reviews. I must lead a sheltered life, because I could find nothing wrong with this cruise. The first day the staff was friendly and helpful and I assumed this would cease as soon as we were at sea. Not So! You always had a "Good morning!" or "Hello!". If you asked for anything, a crew member was there to help you. The room as an interior room but was very spacious. (I was suppose to have a queen size bed, but had twins with bunks if necessary. This was not a problem for me so I never mentioned it...but if it is, make sure you address this before your cruise date). As a single along with two couples, I was afraid I would be a "fifth wheel" tagging along because I did not feel comfortable on my own. This was not the case at all. Most of the time I never saw my traveling companions but a few times in passing. I never felt uneasy or felt like I stood out as "alone". I was perfectly comfortable to go any where on the ship without worry. Security was there but not obvious unless you looked. I even made a mistake and left my in room safe unlocked. When I realized this I had been gone from my room for approximately 2 hours. I was resigned to the fact that my money, credit cards, etc. would be gone. When I arrived back in my room, it had been cleaned so I knew the cabin steward and his crew had been in the room. Not one thing in the safe had been disturbed with the safe standing wide open!. This made me feel even more secure. The food was wonderful, well prepared and readily available. If you choose not to go into the dining room for assigned seating, then eat from the buffet, it was always good.

The reason I am writing this review is that before going I looked on the internet for reviews for single women and cruises. All I came up with was "single's cruises" that are for people looking to meet other singles. I wanted to see reviews from people like me that happen to be single (older) and wanted a nice relaxing vacation...alone. This cruise fit the bill for me. I will do this again and would have no problem doing it by myself.

Pros: The food

Cons: Overcrowded patio pool