Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Rocking and Rolling

Sail Date: March 23, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I am somewhat of an experienced cruiser and had actually cruised on the Fantasy before and had no problems. But this time I experiencesd the most unpleasant "ride" ever. I have been on about ten cruises and never have I experienced a ship rock and roll like I experienced this time. On the way from the Bahamas to Port Canaveral my family and I had to actually hold hands to walk back to the stateroom because of how bad the ship swayed. My youngest child and wife were "sea sick" to put it pleasantly. I ran to the store on board to get something to help relieve them and found several people in the same situation. Many of them I talked with had prior cruise experience and had never gotten sea sick until this night. There wasn't a storm and the only explanation I received was "it was windy".

On a good note Camp Carnival was wonderful. The children didn't want to leave. Even my youngest, whom you normally can't pry from his mother, had a ball at Camp Carnival!

Pros: Camp Carnival

Cons: The ride from the Bahamas to Port Canaveral

Atlantis is incredible!