Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review

First, the negatives.1.The smell of diesel fumes was abnormally strong on several decks.2.The wait staff in the dining room was far less attentive than that of any other cruise I have been on. 3. The quality of the food was third rate. The entrees were slow arriving and not cooked as desired.4. The rocking of the Fantasy is the most dramatic of any ship I have ever sailed on. Winds were 20 knots and seas at 2-5 feet during our cruise, all which do not add up to the extreme motion we felt. I did not expect this on a vessel of this size.Now, the positives.1. The cabin attendant was excellent. All of our needs were met as soon as they were expressed. 2. The staff for embarkation and disembarkation is as well organized as you will find.3. The entertainment from the shows to the dance club to the bars was first rate.4. Casino well equipped and staff very pleasant. In closing, when comparing companies for a short cruise to the Bahamas, I would recommend Royal Caribbean's Sovereign of the Seas over the Fantasy by a 7 to 2 margin.