Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review

The only reason I'm not giving this ship 5 stars is because we didn't stay long enough! I went on the 3 night Nassau cruise/Disneyworld/Universal Studios with 2 other friends for our Spring Break at the end of March 2001. I will be going back in December w/my mom, my best friend, and her mom for the 4 night cruise to Nassau and Freeport.I had a blast!! I was very excited and didn't sleep the night prior to embarkation, therefore, by the time we got to the ship (after 12 noon), and had to stand in line for 2 hours, I was pooped. However, once we boarded the ship and checked into our rooms, it was time for the drills. By the time that was over, we only had time to shower and change and get in a little casino time before dinner. We chose to dine in the formal dining room because they had the best food and personalized service. Our head waiter, Mohammed, was fabulous!!!! There were many things to choose from and you could have whatever you wanted, how you wanted it. Our tablemates were great and I was so happy that we were put together. Some of the other tables didn't look quite as pleased. We went to the comedy show, which was a "boo." :( The Las Vegas style show, the Newlywed Show, bingo, the casino, the disco clubs, and the live music on deck, were all great. There was always something to do.Nassau was a great port, although I didn't like the constant badgering for braids by the local ladies. I had a good time shopping and making deals with the vendors. The guy who sells the conch shells was very nice and gave us some inside tips as to where to go and what to do ( I told him we would be back to visit him in December). The locals were just really nice and much more different and more laid back than we are. They make a great deal of money off of our tourism--more than you think. Later in the evening we went to a local club and had the best time. Again, the locals were very down to earth and welcolming.After leaving the club, we went on a tour of Atlantis. We took pictures by the fountains, in the lobby, of the hotel itself (including the infamous "Bridgeroom"), and Paradise Island itself. We now know to take a taxi tour when we get off the boat. They give you a complete, chauffered tour of anyplace there you want. Another thing I am going to do differently is book any shore tours I might want to do very eary on upon boarding the ship. We waited too long and everything was sold out. So, after our long day on the island, we finally made it back to the ship at about 4am. We weren't tired so we did a little exploring and met up with some other night owls and hung out at one of the bars (closed). I definitely recommend this boat to people who don't mind a relaxed atmosphere, with regular, everday people, a few kids here and there, and a staff who pampers you constantly. Your experience is whatever you make it and if you are looking to find negative things, your trip will just become consumed with disappointments. Lighten up, have a good time, and just enjoy your vacation. And if anyone just happens to be on the Fantasy, December 16, 2001,and you see a group of 4 happy women having a blast, don't be afraid to come over and say hello to us!!!