Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review

We just came off a 4 day Carnival Cruise on 2/1/2001. We were in Cabin U80, a cat 12 suite.The embarkation went pretty fast. We drove to Port Canaveral from Orlando and got to the pier about 10:45, parked the car and went into the terminal by 11:00. To our surprise no lines at all. Checked in and went to the Skippers Club waiting area. If you have a suite ask about the Skippers waiting area. They let us on first about 12:05, because we were in the Skippers Club lounge, escorted us to our suite which was very nice. We were the second or third group on the ship, pretty neat.The suite was not the quality we expected for paying extra money. As soon as you walked in there was a large red wine stain in the middle of the carpet, not very pretty to look at. That was a minor problem, the bathroom was very poor. There were cracked tiles, loose tiles on the floor, mildew on the floor and around the tub. There was a smell of sewer gases in the bathroom that was present for the full four days. The second night my daughter got sick, the toilet stopped flushing at about 0200 till about 1000 IS. It filled up real quick with 4 people in the cabin. Called the steward and they said my section of the ship was not working and it should come back sometime later on. I previously discussed the sewer gases and was told that happens sometimes.The food was cafeteria style. I cruised before on RCCL, and NCL and Carnival rates at the bottom. In the main dining room on numerous occasions I had to return my food to the kitchen for being cold. Cold eggs in the morning, cold lobster tail for dinner, just to name a few.The only saving grace was Camp Carnival. The kids had a good time and the staff was good. If it were not for this, I would give this ship a one or two star.I guess Carnival caters to the low budget traveler. Some of the people onboard were rude and drunk. Showing up for formal nights in shorts, g-strings, and etc. This tells me alot about the class of people. Wrote a letter to the president of Carnival, most likely will never see it. Based on this taste of Carnival I do not plan on cruising on their line again.