Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review

We chose to cruise for the 4th of July. We are a family of 4. 2 Two teens age 14, and 16. The process of checking in before the ship leaves was smooth however there were several people doing the same thing. It took about 20-30 minutes to get to the point of actually boarding the ship. There is no cash on the ship except in the casino. everything must be paid for with a "sail and sign card" like a credit card but used only for the ship. Our room had 2 uppers and 2 lowers. We were in an inside cabin. I should have paid more and got the outside with the window or verandah. The room was comfortable though. We had 3 large pieces of luggage we had to move around in the room because the cubby in the closet was not big enough. We arrived intime for lunch. The lunch was awful. The food looked and tasted like Shoney's/Big Boy had catered it. Worst than that was the drinks. There was a choice of lemonade, applejuice, tea, and water, all of which STUNK. Literally the liquid smelled and tasted bad. Take your own water and soft drinks and juice. You may buy 16oz coke products from the bar with a 15%gratuity already added. There is a bottle of water in your state room but if you drink it, you will pay $3.50. The food at dinner was very interesting. It was pretty good but it was not enough. I filled up on liquid. Liquor is ridiculously overpriced but the drinks are made very well. The entertaiment was pretty good. My teenage daughters didn't find any friends to hang out with but they enjoyed the Karaoke. I guess the thing I didn't like was dressing up for dinner every night. I had a choice of eating in the other area but the food sucked.They fill the pool with sea water and it smelled like sea water too. Take your own photos, The pictures are so expensive. 4x6 photo for 10.00 and a 5x7 for 20.00.The ports were not very interesting. Good luck.