Great Cruise, but pricey extras

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: January 01, 2010
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
The ship was great for our needs. Cabin and dining staff friendly and always greeted us using our names, very nice. Entertainment (on board) was great! It is obvious (too obvious) that Carnival is trying to make up for low ticket prices with overpriced drinks $4.95 for a beer and 7.95 for "drink of the day), pictures (too many photographers) and even bingo was too expensive in my opinion. So maybe I'm cheap. Still had a great vacation.

Lives up to cruise expectations! plenty of food and most of it is very good, some excellent.

Very impressed with the entertainment on this cruise. Cruise director "Noonan" was entertaining and the ships dance troup, band and production singers were very good. The guests were great. John Floyd was great and even the Juggler which I didn't expect to be so entertaining was great! Shore excursions seemed very expensive for what you got.

Steward and wait staff call you by name, very nice effort, especially as my wife and I were traveling by ourselves, it was nice that someone calls you by name.

Avoid promenade deck if you are a non smoker.

Stateroom did not seem as clean as it could have been,

Pros: Good food, friendly staff

Cons: Cost of drinks, shore tours, bingo

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!