Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Ship is like new!

Sail Date: April 23, 2009

I worked on the Carnival Sensation for two years and even got married onboard, so I am VERY familiar with this class. The Fantasy was redone and it looks fabulous. The lido deck is like Extreme Ship Makeover! Who knew a few palm trees could make it look so luxurious! The beds in the cabin were super comfy and Camp Carnival's new facilities are GREAT! The new water park is nearly as big as the pictures imply, but it was fun anyway. My son (3 years old) was too short for the slides (as expected - this is a safety rule and I am not complaining) and the only pool onboard now is 4'9" deep so he was outta luck with any H2O fun, but he did love Camp Carnival. Would be nice if the kept a little splash pool or something for the little ones as the sprayers weren't operating when we were onboard. The shows were not as impressive as expected - I'm disappointed that Carnival is using more and more movie props for the big shows. I just want to see good, LIVE, talented performers! Overall a great cruise.

Pros: Newly remodeled - clean, beds are AWESOME, water park pretty fun, lido deck is gorgeous

Cons: No more water activities for little ones

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

Food on this ship was average - nothing wonderful.
Nice staff - no one really stood out to me, but no one was unfriendly either.
We had an oceanview on Riviera deck and it was great. The beds were super comfy and with three adults and one 3 year old in a room it did not feel the least bit crowded. The bathroom remodel looks great as well.
Shows not as top notch as expected, but musicians on Lido and Promenade were great.
LOVE the new Camp Carnival facilities. Staff very nice and helped my three year old overcome his fears and have a wonderful time. Can't believe how much they are open!!
Looks great - love the remodel and new layout. Very nice!
Cozumel is more or less just a shopping stop now. The pier we were at had some shops that were ridiculously over priced, then others that were dirt cheap! Take a taxi into town to experience the real deal.