Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Mexico

Just awful

Sail Date: October 01, 2008

The only good thing to say about this cruise ship was the crew was great and the beds comfortable. I went out on a 5 day cruise on Oct 4-9, 2008 and there was a septic tank smell in the hallway all 5 days. I never got an explaination of why. The cruse started off poorly when the embarkation computers stopped working adding an hour to our wait to get on the ship. Then the ship was delayed 8 hours from leaving port, once again no good explaination for this. We were supposed to leave at 4PM and left at midnight. The food in the dining room was average to poor and I left many entrees uneaten. The food outside of the dining room was tedious and of average quality. Cold beer was hit and miss with most beer (bottles) warm. People were buying 3-4 at a time with a bucket of ice so they could have a cold beer. The room was adequate and the bed was comfortable, no small matter since the last Carnival cruise I was no had alumimum cots for beds and I had a back ache for a week. The room was cold and only comfortable when the sun shined in the windows. The fee for using the electronic poker table (rake) was exorbitent at 12% and even raked when no flop was seen! The variety of food outlets was smaller than the last Carnival cruise ship I was on and this added to the lack of varity. Common area bathrooms were small to ridiculous. The ship rolled from side to side even in calm seas and sometimes the water would cascade from the pool on to the deck. This is an older ship with recent renovations, but I don't belive it has stabilizing fins like the newer ships so this is what you get. The rolling was not crazy, but anoying and fairly constant. Oh, there was a fire on deck three while in Cozomel, Mexico delaying those wanting to reboard the ship and making those in the cabins wait up on deck until under control. Once again no explaination for this, for all I know the ships engines were on fire, a rumor going around at the time.

Pros: Crew

Cons: Food

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? No.