1st time on Carnival

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: July 01, 2008
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
We were on the July 21st - 08, 5 nt cruise w/ progresso & coz. ports of call. The ship was completely booked, but still was comfortable and u r able to find quiet spots on the ship. We had 3 people in an interior and were quite comfortable.(would have been better w/o our 15 yr old daughter!). The beds are extremely comfortable and the bathroom has also been updated and their was enough room in the shower stall to bath. bring your own blowdryer & a hanging shoe bag for door of bathroom for more storage of bathroom stuff. Yes the ship is old but the updates really help and the new pool area will be in place as of September of this year. We booked our excursions thru Carn. for convenience and also pre-paid our gratuities. wanted to avoid a big bill at the end our trip. We enjoyed our time onboard as well as off the ship. The entertainment was 1st rate. The only downer for me would be the food. The basics such as their hamburgers & pizza were really good. Their desserts - I'm in love with their Grand Marnier Souffle & their Chocolate melting cake. It was some of their combinations that I didn't care for. So I've decided we have to go back and I will know in advance what I will like and will then be very happy with my cruise. I'm planning on a 4 nt. in early december for our 19th Anniv. and NO - the teenager will not be going.

some of the dining combinations were a little strange - example: finding a green olive and a black olive in my cream potatoes.

Enjoyed the broadway style shows and the comedian was a southern gem.

The crew were well trained and very friendly.

older but well kept.

bedding is far superior to rccl and quite comfortable.

Pros: the entertainment, the crew was the best, the beds were the best, and shore excur.

Cons: the food was a little disappointing in the dining room; not as good as I expected

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!