Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Awesome First Cruise

Sail Date: April 10, 2008

If you are looking for a "first-time" cruise experience, I absolutely recommend any Carnival Cruise. A four or five day cruise is just enough time to relax and enjoy what the ship has to offer. If you prefer to visit more ports, then I would suggest taking a longer cruise.

Pros: Loved the food and entertainment

Cons: The swimming pool was not large enough

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

The Carnival Fantasy ship was extremely clean and very easy to navigate. The staff of the ship worked hard to maintain a clean environment for their guests.
The dining experience was amazing. There were several options for ascertaining food. I recommend eating in the dining rooms. There are seated breakfast, lunch and dinners. They also offer 3 courses for each! Also, you can order as much as you desire in the dining rooms. If you prefer fast food, there are buffets including one at midnight! You will never go hungry on a cruise. Pizza is served 24 hours a day.
If you are able to choose your room, select the highest deck available. The higher you go, the least likely you are to feel the swaying of the ship. The room stewards are eager to help you however they can. The rooms are small but that doesn't matter when you are having fun. We had an interior cabin and it worked out just fine.
Every staff member on the ship is knowledgeable of what's going on. They provide stand out service to their guests. The staff are from all over the world. Sometimes they couldn't understand certain concepts in English but they will try their best to communicate with you.
Entertainment and activies were available for all ages. They also have a children's camp so that children are not constantly running around. I enjoyed the live music and comedy shows.
I highly recommend taking a shore excusion while in Cozumel. We did the Deluxe Beach Sail and Snorkel. This was perfect because it didn't take up the entire day in Cozumel. The price of this excursion was average and the tour company treated us like esteemed guests. I do not recommed shopping in the main shopping mall close the port. I regret not taking a taxi into the city to go to the local markets. The price for silver was too expensive at the shops by the port. If you want to eat in Cozumel, the food at the "tourist" restaurants is okay. I am not big on Mexican food therefore I stuck to "American" selections on the menu. The menu prices are in pesos. So move the decimal to the left to determine the price in dollars.
Don't Miss: Deluxe Beach Sail and Snorkel