Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Progreso Is Terrible! Dirty & Poor!

Sail Date: October 01, 2007

Progreso was substituted for Costa Maya after a hurricane, but it was not a suitable substitute for any port I can think of, and especially not beautiful Costa Maya. I researched my destinations on the internet, and there is no way I would have EVER have chosen Progreso as my destination-given the option I would have changed or postponed my cruise. Unfortunately, Carnival did not offer any options; in fact, they neglected to inform me of the change at all, and had I not waited until the week before my cruise to print my information, I would not have been aware of the change until I was on board!

Pros: Cozumel was gorgeous!

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? No.

This is an older ship, but once I got over that, it was okay. The railings showed some rust and had chipping paint, the decks were faded, and some of the amenities were broken, but overall the ship had a nice ambience and a generally up-to-date appearance.