Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A fun and exciting cruise!

Sail Date: January 08, 2007

This was my first cruise ever and will probably be the first of many. I sailed on the Fantasy ship and had an amazing time. I was expecting to have a very small stateroom, but even the smallest was substantial and I had plenty of room to get around in my room. The food and waitstaff service was incredible. They allow you to order as many items as you want. So if you'd like to try two entrees, you are more than welcome to help yourself. Once my mom even got three desserts! As for the crew, everyone was very helpful, nice, and hospitable. The cruise director was very friendly and funny. There was never a dull moment on board the Fantasy! There was live music playing for most of the day on the pool deck, dance shows at night, a hilarious newly wed show, and lots of chances to win prizes. As for the food, there were several options for dining. During breakfast and lunch, you could either get a sit-down meal in the dining room or dine buffet style in the cafe. There were also midnight buffets, but I only went to one for dessert because I had the late seating and was always stuffed until the next morning. Overall, the ship was very clean, the service was top knotch, and the atmosphere was FUN!!

Pros: The service was incredible, great food, lots of activities, friendly staff, comfy beds

Cons: always trying to sell things such as art, bingo cards, photos, and drinks

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

The ship areas were very clean. Crew members were constantly surveying the pool deck and other areas to pick up empty dishes and cups from guests. The ship layout was pretty confusing at first, but I think that is to be expected. Many floors do not extend from one side of the ship to the other so you have to go up and down elevators and stairs to get from one side to the other. The ship was very large, but the waters were rough on a few days and we could definately feel the shaking.
Our room was one of the smaller rooms on board with a bunk bed, but it was still spacious. The beds were comfortable, but you have to be a good climber to be able to get up to the top bunk each night. They have a ladder, but you have to twist yourself sideways to get into bed because the bed is perpendicular to the floor bed. Every time we left our room, our bed was turned down and our room was tidied when we returned. Our stateroom attendant was very attentive and we really enjoyed the towel animals we would find on our bed each night.
The food was great! There was something for everyone. Three girls at my table were Indian and vegetarians so the head dining attendant would consult them every night and make special Indian meals for them. Our waiters were very friendly and on top of things. They would put on a performance each night for us and on the last night our waiter even made us a mouse out of a napkin he folded.
The staff members went above and beyond my expectations. Every request and every question was met and answered. I've never been anywhere where the service is this incredible! When we did not receive our excursion tickets that we ordered online prior to the trip, the information desk was very helpful in printing us off a receipt so that we would not miss out.
There were so many activities to do on the Fantasy. You could attend a golf clinic, play mini golf, watch various shows at night, play game shows, dance in the disco, shop in the gift and jewelry stores, look at art, take a nap by the pool, listen to poolside music and shows, watch new movies in your stateroom, work on in the health spa, get a massage at the beauty spa...the list goes on and on!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
When we arrived at Costa Maya, it was blustery and cloudy. Many of the excursions were cancelled. We went on a beach break where I just sat on a chair wrapped in my towel because I was so cold! The sun only came out for five minutes. Though I know weather is unpredictable, they probably should have cancelled our excursion too because we couldn't get in the water or really enjoy the beach. There was an open bar so that's the only way we got our money's worth. In Costa Maya, all the street pedlers are constantly nagging you to come into their stores and look at their items. It gets old after a while. I suggest you definately haggle with them about prices because you can save a lot of money. The port has a huge public pool in the center of it and a public beach with hammocks and chairs, which looked like a lot of fun. I wish I had known that was there because we didn't even need to go our private beach.
We did a catamaran snorkeling and beach party excursion and it was so much fun!! The weather was perfect, the water was crystal clear, and the crew members were very friendly. This was my first time snorkeling and I LOVED it!!! Though there weren't as many fish as I thought there would be, the fish were colorful and swim right up by you. I was scared at first, but there are so many other people swimming around with you that you feel completely comfortable being out in the ocean. They put us out in 20 feet water near the coast so it was not scary at all. We took a 45 minute sail to the private beach and on board there was an open bar with margaritas and mexican beer. There was plently of music, dancing, and fun! The private beach was very nice. They had another open bar, floats for the water, and kayaks to keep you entertained. The only bad part about the excursion is that you only get an hour at this private beach. This beach area is so beautiful that I didn't want to leave
Don't Miss: catamaran deluxe beach party excursion