First timers on the sea

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

5 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 28, 2006
Having never been on a cruise before, we were told many stories from good to bad. My husband and I went into our vacation with the attitude that no matter what happened we were on vacation and going to have a wonderful time. And that we did.

The ship was remodeled in the early part of the year. It was decorated with very bright colors. I have to say the beds are the best. We slept great the whole trip.

The food was a hit or miss depending on where you eat, but most of the time it was very good. I did not enjoy the breakfast or lunch in the dinning room. I perfer the liddo deck or room service. We ate in the dinning room all five nights and not only enjoyed the food but the people we were grouped with at our table. Our dinning staff was the best too.

As far as our stops- Half Moon Cay was the most beautiful island I have ever seen and being from the gulf coast our water turns the prettiest green in the world but their water was awesome. Nassau was nice. We really enjoyed Atlantis. It was well worth the $30.00 for "The Dig" tour. Grand Turk had a nice beach but other than that- that is all to see.

Overall I would do it again, but did not feel like this would be a ship I could bring my child on in the future.

Loved eating dinner in the dinning room.

We did not enjoy the show we went to. Was very cheesy.

Wait staff and room staff were A++++.

Had many elevators to get to other levels. Usually didn't have a long wait.

We were on the E deck. Felt like I had plenty of room. Show was a little small.
Not much to see. Margarittaville is there.
Went snorkling- very pretty. Also went on the stingray excursion- very cool.
Atlantis- worth every penny for "The Dig" tour, but DO NOT pay for the tour the taxi cab driver tried to sell you. Just pay the $4 a person to go over to Atlantis. Also the staw market and shoping is right where you get off boat- so no need to pay $25+ for a tour of what you can walk too.
Don't Miss: Atlantis

Pros: I was relaxed the whole trip

Cons: Did not think about smoking on boat. People can smoke almost anywhere.