Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

wonderful trip!

Sail Date: June 19, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

It was our first cruise and we had a wonderful experience. The cabin was nice, (just an intereior stateroom) All five of us fit comfortably. We saw great shows, we loved the Bahamas, Carnival's private island Half Moon Cay was amazing. The excursions I booked were great. And I had no idea what I was doing! You have got to do this!

Pros: ports, excursions, costumer service of Fantasy, shows, almost everything!

Cons: camp carnival

I can see how some would like a newer ship. It got a little boring at times when something wasn't scheduled . The kids got a little restless. Camp Carnival seemed like glorified day care. Everything was clean.
They could use one more resturant. My family loved the food though.
Entertainment was excellent. Things to do in your liesure time as a family was limited
The orientation night was great. We met some nice staff members that were helpful. The kids tried it the next dat and we encountered some grumpyer staff. The kid didn't like it so we didn't make them go.
We got the cheapest room for five, it suited us great. Nice comforters, nice pillows. They cleaned twice a day, made towel sculptures, and we never even saw them.
Grand Turk Island
The pool owned by carnival was great. We took the train/trolley snorkleing and it was a great value. They say it lasts one hour but they gave us unlimited time.
We went to BlakBeards island. Thirty min. boatride to a private beachWith a polaygorund, rent the float for $5. You can't find a nicer beach in Nassau. It didn't last long enough for me. Then we went to the straw market and shoped and saw the town. It was fun.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Water park for the kids, amazing beach. We didn't spend one penny here.