Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

a fantastic ship to get away

Sail Date: March 16, 2006

While the ship could use a remodel to bring it into the new decade, the ambiance was spot on. I was worried about booking with Carnival, as I had heard it's the "lower" class cruiseline, but I had an absolutely amazing time from start to finish. The meals were very tasty (and free, which is always good), and the dinner waitstaff were very professional, courteous and attentive. Although I did not attend many of the onboard activities offered, I spent a great deal of time in my room and by the pool, both of which offered me quiet time to relax and get away.

Pros: nightly dinners with friends

Cons: expensive drinks onboard

Nothing really fancy about the decor or layout, but cleanliness was always top-notch. While the cruise staff cleaned our room, they took the extra step to fill our ice bin with ice and fold our towels into cute little animals.
Small but quaint. Could use a quick update though.
I could eat anytime I wanted, even in the wee hours of morning. The dinners were the very best though. Don't miss the captain's dinner.
Unfortunately, I never made it to the island, but my friends had a blast.