Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Elation

Sail Date: October 31, 2016

Reviewed: 27 days ago

I have been cruising since 1998 and have only cruised with Carnival.  I like Carnival, but some ships just need to be put in dry dock to either retire the ship or at least give it a major make over.  If you are thinking about cruising on the Elation, think twice before you do.  The itinerary is good, and sailing out of Jacksonville is good and the shows on the ship are wonderful ( thank you Carnival for bringing the shows back). The ship on the other hand is different.  I booked on the Empress Deck in Cabin E2.  BIG MISTAKE.  You can hear the anchor being dropped and might I add not a good sound to be woken up too at 7:30 in the morning.  You rocked back and forth 24/7.  The room only has 1 plug in so I was glad I took a drop cord.  The shower is larger than on the other ships but there was no line to hang your bathing suites on after coming back from the pool or slide ( of which I did not do or partake because a child threw up in the pool and all carnival did was get a net and scoop out what they could).  If you are not a smoker and hate cigarette smoke, you will smell it all over the ship because of lack of ventilation in the casino and 90% of the games ( trivia games and stuff ) were held right beside the bar at the casino so you had to endure the smoke if you wanted to participate.  The food was average, but nothing to write home about. Will I sail with Carnival again? Yes.  I just will not sale on the Elation and will not book the cabin E2. (it is also next to the housekeeping closest and you will hear them going in and out of the closest at all times of day and night).

The only reason I gave it 3 stars is that, Carnival is a great cruise line, but the ship is way out dated and needs a major upgrade.