Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Worst Cruise I've been on

Sail Date: October 13, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

I've been on this cruise before and was disappointed, but went again due to the convenience of the port.  I went this time with some girlfriends as a get away for some time to relax and catch up.  From the start of the cruise, it was a disappointment.  The boarding was delayed and Carnival didn't make any adjustments to the process, so it was about a 2 hour process to get through the line.  Once you got on the ship it was almost impossible to get food because so many people were trying to get food at the same time.

We ate in the Dining room for all meals and I was so disappointed in the service and food.  Almost all meals arrived cold or luke warm.  We sent back the meals on multiple occasions and that was only if we could get the waiter's attention to do so.   It was often a long wait to get your food, which of course made for dinners to be a long process.

They announced at the last minute that they were skipping a port.  They claimed to make up for it by spending the night in Nassau, but that wasn't really true because they left at 6:00 AM.  Everything except the bars close at 5:00 PM in Nassau, so staying beyond that time is wasted.  They only gave us $20 credit for the loss of a port.  An extra day at sea is not a good thing on such an old ship with the clientele that is on that cruise.  The ship only has one pool that includes the children water park area so there is no place for adults to go into a pool.  There is a VERY SMALL adult only section with a hot tub that was packed.

Overall, I didn't find any of the crew to be friendly.  I saw my room steward once.  They are obviously overworked as the ship is understaffed.

It is very unfortunate that Jacksonville can't get another cruise in this port because it is so convenient and there were a lot of people from the Southeast that only took this cruise for the convenience, but felt the same as I did.

No matter what I will NOT go on this cruise again.

Cabin was old and it really showed its age. The medicine cabinet didn't close. The carpet was really dirty, etc. Looks like the ship hasn't been refurbished in many years

Don't do it unless you want the Walmart of cruises.... Drive an additional two hours and get a good selection of cruises out of Cape Canaveral