Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Time machine to 1972

Sail Date: August 13, 2016

Room Type: Suite

sorry for the neg review, but my bronchial infection has taken on a life of its own.  This boat should be renamed to old and moldy of the sea.  State room smelled like a frat party the morning after.  Black mold all over the bathroom, dust bunny colonies throughout the room.   The decor is straight from the 70's and has not been touched since.  The general vibe of the passengers is that you must have at least 2 visible tattoos to gain entry.  As for the crew/staff, they are all great people,  I'm sure it's because life on the ship is much better than the remote Asian village they were living in before.  Thankfully I have a good sense of humor and was able to have a good time, considering the money spent for me and my wife was about 3.5k fully in, it was not a bad way to see the Bahamas.

Just dirty, moldy, crappy shower, uncomfortable bed, stinky, etc. but hey, much more things to do on the ship than spent time in the room.

if you are planning on another tatoo, do it prior to sailing. there are discounts granted for each one you have. Also bring your best formal etire (like a tuxedo tee shirt). They have countless photo opps where you can get your pic taken in front of a back drop of a fake sunset.