Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

Fantastic vacation

Sail Date: July 16, 2016

This was our first crews. It was fabulous. I have never been on a vacation where I didn't have to do anything. The crew is fabulous, so kind and courteous. The food was good. Loved Half Moon Cay, Nassau....not so much, but had nothing to do with Carnival. Kevin Donohue is a fantastic crews director. He is hysterical and fun. The ship,(Elation) is an old ship and needs updates in certain areas, however very clean, and still very beautiful. We enjoyed the shows very much. There was always something to do on this ship. We will definitely be cruising again.

Rooms were very clean, beds/mattresses were comfortable.
Jacksonville, Florida
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Could not wait to get back on the ship. We had an altercation with some of the Bahamians we were trying to Parasail through, had to get the police involved. The beach was nasty, glass, trash, etc. We were approached every five minutes with someone wanting to sell us something from crafts to blunt cigars. My husband paid for a coke and they tried to pay him with Bahamian money. No one "has change", if you know what I mean. My girls parasailed and when done were taken a good bit away from where they were supposed to come back to and had to walk about a half a mile. The girls said they were rude. If I ever go back to Naussau it will be too soon. I do realize however, I should have booked an excursion through Carnival though. The ferry over to Nassau was great though. The tour guide was a funny guy. The ride over was beautiful.

Be sure to book excursions through Carnival. We did not have a good experience at Nassau at Paradise Island.