Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Any vacation away from the office is a GREAT vacation

Sail Date: July 07, 2016

Room Type: Suite

This was our first time booking a balcony.  I must say that I enjoyed it more than I anticipated.  Sure the Elation Is showing its age, but it's still nice. The shows were great - I loved the tribute to the Heart of Soul.  Food was delicious, at times the lines were long but hey we expected that.  Freeport was nicer than most of the reviews I read.  We took a bus into Port Lucayan to the public beach.  No charge unless you wanted to rent a chair and umbrella $10.  Water was very beautiful!  Nassau we stayed on the boat.  We wanted to enjoy the amenities of the boat while most were on the island.  It was nice.

Very nice! I really enjoyed the balcony.
Embarkation was a breeze - we had priority check in. Disembarkation was awful -- it was slow, and hot
Children's Programs Had no children traveling with us