Any vacation away from the office is a GREAT vacation

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Sail Date: July 07, 2016
Ship: Carnival Elation
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: V30

This was our first time booking a balcony.  I must say that I enjoyed it more than I anticipated.  Sure the Elation Is showing its age, but it's still nice. The shows were great - I loved the tribute to the Heart of Soul.  Food was delicious, at times the lines were long but hey we expected that.  Freeport was nicer than most of the reviews I read.  We took a bus into Port Lucayan to the public beach.  No charge unless you wanted to rent a chair and umbrella $10.  Water was very beautiful!  Nassau we stayed on the boat.  We wanted to enjoy the amenities of the boat while most were on the island.  It was nice.

Had no children traveling with us

Very nice! I really enjoyed the balcony.