Great first experience on a cruise

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Sail Date: July 07, 2016
Ship: Carnival Elation
Cabin Number: U65

This was my first ever cruise and I was quite impressed by my experiences on Carnival Elation. Every single staff member had a smile on their face and acted as though they really enjoyed their job. Whenever I interacted with a staff member, they addressed me by my name, which I was thought really added to the experience. The ship was clean, the alcoholic beverages were delicious and fairly priced, and the entertainment was pretty good. There were many events planned for each day on the ship, but there were only a few that I was interested in attending. There were several odd events, such as the hairy chest competition and puffy eyes event for ladies.  I did not attend those, and did not quite understand why Carnival would add those as entertainment. As for the food, I think Carnival definitely could've done better. A lot of the food served in the dining room for dinner were poorly seasoned. The all-you-can-eat food on the Lido Deck was great for breakfast, but just average for lunch. Getting on and off the ship was easy and I never felt crowded by people.

The cabin was more spacious than I had expected and was very clean. The staff did an amazing job of cleaning it almost as soon as we left. There were times when we would leave to go somewhere and come back only 30 minutes later to find our room completely clean and the bed made.

I would recommend bringing dramamine even if you don't have a history of motion sickness. I had never gotten motion sickness before, but I could definitely feel the ship moving at times which made my head feel a bit funny.

Amazing!!! We did the deep water dolphin encounter excursion and then went to the beach afterwards for several hours. The water is so so clear - even more clear than Freeport's beach.