Desperate need of a makeover!

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Elation

Sail Date: April 28, 2016

Ship: Carnival Elation

Cabin Number: M82

Review Summary

I have been on five cruises in the past 4 years and this was by FAR the worst ship I have ever been on. I didn't have high expectations since I had cruised on a Carnival before (both this and that trip were part of a large group-not my choosing) but this ship left a LOT to be desired.  The ship itself was extremely old, outdated and literally falling apart in the cabins. There was issue with the AC releasing diesel into the rooms, backed up sewage and extreme wear and tear on the ship. My safe in the room was broke, as was it for several others in our group, and after calling for two days to get it fixed/replaced I gave up.

The service for the most part was unlike any other ship I've cruised with. The majority of the staff acted as though they hated being there, and several would talk at you not to you. Far too many photographers and not enough bartenders. Most of our group purchased the drink package and found it frustrating that we had to wait five minutes in-between non alcoholic drinks because of the policy.  The food was probably the most insulting part of the cruise as there was not one meal that was even par to the salad bar on past cruises. I even spent $20 to upgrade my steak one night, but didn't taste any difference from the flank steak on the regular menu.

When I went to the gym to workout it came as no surprise that nearly ALL the eliptical, treadmills and stationary bikes were broken.

Overall I had a good time on the ship, but this was because I was with a group of 28 amazing people, and we spent almost all of 2 of the 4 days on land in the Bahammas. I would never recommend this ship to ANYONE😜

Ship Experiences