Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Experience

Sail Date: February 11, 2016

My wife and I enjoyed our time greatly aboard the Elation. The room was what we assumed it would be; nothing fancy, small, but clean. Although we were happy the window in our room was larger than we expected. Our room maid, Tapa, was nice and did a fantastic job cleaning our room everyday. She had a great personality and was a joy to be around. The boat may be one of Carnival's older boats but must everything seemed to be in good shape.

Overall we liked the food. Some menu items at dinner were better than others but the hot chocolate cake was always great. The French toast at brunch was very good and the made to order omelets didn't disappoint. The service at brunch was slow and they sometimes failed to bring us some items we requested but still high quality.

We took the Behind the Fun tour. It was more expensive than I thought it should be at $55 per person, but my wife and I enjoyed the tour. They take you through the galley, behind the stage, the Bridge, and to several places beneath the main floors. The kitchen was our favorite part and the German head Chef was very interesting.

The gym was a the front of the boat with a great view of the water. Some of the equipment did not work properly, so that would be my only complaint.

Overall we would take this cruise again.