Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

EXCELLENT CRUISE * READY TO GO AGAIN * A+ ALL THE WAY

Sail Date: January 04, 2016

My mom and I went on a 5 night cruise to cozumel and progresso Jan 4-9 2016 from new orleans. I am a bit picky and this cruise was awesome! The carnival staff were exceptional and could not have done a better job made you feel so welcome! Our room was great on the empress deck and the beds were better than my bed at home including the comforter and pillows. Seriously I slept GREAT!  Our room was large enough for our needs. Loved the window. Do bring an extra outlet plug only one per room. The food was much better than anticipated pretty much all our meals were really good. We did anytime dining and will do that next time. We did not do many shows and no excursions. Progresso was nothing special except we got $10 30min massages on the beach. The progresso water not very pretty. Cozumel beautiful water was relaxing we ate at Three Amigos. The serenity deck was great. Super easy to get on and off the ship. If you choose to cut off the social media and let the carnival staff pamper you I can't imagine you not having a great time. We had such a good time we might choose the elation again instead of trying another ship. Planning our next carnival cruise! Thank you to carnival for making the vacation a relaxing enjoyable experience leaving us sad to go and looking forward to the next time! HappyHappyHappy

our cabin steward was super nice and professional.
it was kept very clean and zero complaints just praise

Progresso Get the beach massages just $10 for half an hour

Cozumel the fish pedicures were fun but not sure they really did anything. We enjoyed the massages there as well $30 for 30 min and three amigos food and banana manrgarittas.