"Most Relaxing Christmas Ever!"

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Elation

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail Date: December 21, 2015

Ship: Carnival Elation

Cabin Number: U106

Review Summary

My family and I enjoyed spending the weekend in New Orleans prior to leaving on our cruise.  This was our second time cruising with Carnival.  They did not disappoint!  Although this was not the newest or largest ship in the fleet every staff member on the ship makes you feel comfortable, appreciated and happy.  There were just enough Christmas activities on board to remind you what time of year it was but also allow you to enjoy why you decided to "get away."  Paul, the cruise director, was great! Bagus, Prakash, James, and Oliver at the Drama Bar were fantastic!  Edi, Gonsalo, and Santi were our dinner servers.  They couldn't have been a better match to serve my family every night.  They were great to my sons.  Dinner was always a highlight of the day.  Wish we could see them all again.  Loved sitting in the atrium every night and listening to the live acoustic music by Eugene and JR.  The comedians, Richie and Sid, were top-notch and had us in tears laughing.  The only negative things I have are that the Progresso stop isn't very good and there is only one electrical outlet in the cabin.  My wife and I are already looking into booking next Christmas with Carnival.  Thanks for making our Christmas holiday awesome!

Ship Experiences

The Elation is a smaller, older ship. With that being said, she is well-maintained and very clean. It was the staff, entertainers, bar services, food, activities, and company that made the trip so enjoyable.

Cabin was very nice! Lovelyn and staff did a great job servicing our room daily. The only complaint is there is only one electrical outlet in the room.

Ports Of Call