Great 1st cruise

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 27, 2015
Ship: Carnival Elation
Cabin Number: E116

I spent my 30th birthday with family on the carnival elation and it was awesome. The staff was great, the cabin was small but very nice and clean. The food was good. My only issue was that it wasn't very much for my child to do. I wasn't interested in leaving her in the camp carnival play area alone so my husband and I was going to take her for a little while, when arrived we were told that the parent's weren't allowed to stay unless it was family time which wouldn't be again until that next day..late evening. The day that we were in Progreso was a bummer..my daughter uses a wheelchair which was no surprise to carnival nor the travel agency however I wasn't told that we would have to take a shuttle from the pier to get to the main area in progreso. The shuttle was not wheelchair accessible so we weren't able to go. Overall it was a great experience and I'm looking forward to going on another cruise on another ship.

This ship didn't have many activities besides lots of parties in the evenings, always after 7pm so my husband and our little one didn't partake.

Not much entertainment besides partying and the events were always late night, need more activities and events in the daytime

If you're not willing to leave your child with the cruise line workers you don't have much entertainment for them. My daughter has special needs and was assured their would be several programs for her to participate in..wasn't the case.

Beny was our cabin steward and he was great.

New Orleans, Louisiana Did not visit port

Famous, Famous, Famous, very helpful! Not sure what his actual title is (seacap maybe) but he was a great help in making sure things went smooth to and from with our daughter who uses and wheelchair and all our bags that we had with us.

Cozumel, Mexico Did not visit port

Beautiful! We looked in all the shops then sat in the little seating area and relaxed under the palm trees.

Progreso (Merida), Mexico Did not visit port

Terrible, didn't get to see Progreso because a shuttle was needed to get there..my daughter uses a wheelchair and the shuttle wasn't wheelchair accessible. Feel like I was cheated since I only got to enjoy 1 port instead of 2 as I expected and planned for.