Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good value for the money

Sail Date: January 01, 2013

The ship is a nice\, manageable size; not too large or overwhelming. The staterooms and common areas were well kept. The restaurants and bars were all easily accessible and not too crowded.

Pros: Friendly staff and laidback\, casual atmosphere

Cons: Food was somewhat bland

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

Ship size and layout are very convenient. Not too large\, not too small. All areas that I visited were very clean. Decor was tasteful and not too overdone.
Food in the main dining room for dinner was somewhat bland\, they had good variety of options\, including healthy choices identified. They are famous for the melting chocolate cake for dessert which is amazing! Highly recommend. The buffet food was good all day; good variety of food choices. The staff at all the dining areas was extremely friendly and helpful.
Stateroom size was ample\, considering it's a cruise ship. Condition and cleanliness of the room was good. Only issue was that there is only one electrical outlet for the entire stateroom. Other than that\, it was excellent.
Found the staff all over the ship to be extremely friendly and happy to help guests. Bar staff took the time to chat when I visited by myself. Dining staff was very attentive and helpful without being overbearing. Cabin stewards were wonderful\, saying hello to me by name in the hallway and making an extra effort to accommodate any needs I might have. The towel animals and turn down service is such a nice addition. One of my favorites!
The Carnival \"Fun Patrol\" was very entertaining! Their shows were very amusing and enjoyable. The Cruise Director was delightful and funny. The comedy show that I attended was hilarious. Excellent entertainment.
Attended one show labeled \"for children of all ages\" and it was very child-appropriate\, while still being entertaining for adults. I commend the staff for their hard work and creativity with the entertainment.