Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great first-time cruise experience!

Sail Date: December 01, 2012

This was my first cruise\, a 4 day from New Orleans to Cozumel\, Mexico. Had such a fun and relaxing time\, looking forward to my next cruise. Dining room food was exceptional especially considering the high volume of people they were moving through there. Food variety during the day was great\, but wish there were more variety in late night food options. Was not expecting the variety of activities/shows/planned entertainment that was offered\, but very impressed. The entertainment led by the cruise directors Willie and Laura were hilarious and very entertaining. Well done!

The only reason for a 4 out of 5 stars overall ranking was that my roommate and I were rudely woken up very early the first morning on the cruise as they apparently thought that early morning construction was necessary (about 7am). Loud banging directly against our wall in the hallway to replace decorative tiles. Usually I'm very understanding of these things but it finally got to the point that I had to call down to complain. Was thanked for the call and the banging continued.

Other than that\, the cruise was a great time!

Pros: Great food\, great entertainment

Cons: Very early morning construction and constant badgering for booze

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

Took some time to figure out the layout of the boat since it was so big but I would consider this a good thing given the variety of bars\, entertainment venues\, etc.
Great food\, both in quality and variety.
No complaints\, clean and tidy- served its purpose.
Early morning construction that continued even after a phone call to the front complaining. Drink waiters were also way too pushy with booze\, to the point of badgering.
Great variety of entertainment throughout. Great job by Laura and Willie!