great cruise too expensive.

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 12, 2014
Ship: Carnival Elation
Cabin Number: E186

I had no clue the drinks on the cruise were going to cost as much as they did. I budgeted a certain amount and it was blown out of water in 3 days. The gratuty on top of that also hit me very hard. I will not go on another cruise because of the additional cost. I spent nearly 4000.00 for a family of 4 with a 9 year old included. The prices for the drinks are not the price you pay. You pay an additional tax and gratuty on the drinks as well. My bill and the charges on my card were different as well. I am very unhappy with that part of it. Everything else was fine.

PS. Progresso was a waste of time.

Do not buy drinks. They are so expensive I had to quit having a good time by 8:00. By the 3rd day I had to start having fun at 5 and end at 8. The waiters will bug you until you buy.

This is home
Excursions are pricey.
Absolute waste of time. Stay on the boat.