Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Cruise for Party Hardy Youth

Sail Date: June 01, 2013

I would rate our cruise as a fair experience. This was our fifth cruise and I would rank it the lowest so far. Our accomodations were good with the beds being comfortable and the bathrooms large enough. Our cabin steward took good care of it. The carpet in the Tiffany buffet was very visibly dirty with crumbs and food particles lying about, as were many areas of the deck. I went to an upper deck to sun and my daughter and I observed a used prophylactic lying on the deck as well as other discarded garbage. We often found dirty dishes, etc. on the deck just behind the Tiffany in the early morning when we went for breakfast. I did observe staff cleaning constantly. The musical show was so loud that even the young people in our party did not want to go back for the next one. The show itself was good and the performers were excellent but the sound was turned up way too loud. The same was true with the music that played continuously at the pool area on the Lido deck. It was being played so loudly that we couldn't hear each others conversation without yelling so we finally avoided the pool area altogether. I was disappointed in the Mikado theater offerings. I have experienced more variety of night time entertainment on other cruises. There was often lots of noise, from fellow cruisers, in the cabin corridors. The cruise was rough and I know this was due to a tropical storm but several in my party were motion sick most of the trip. Breakfast was the best meal. Although the other meals and food was presented in an attractive manner and the waiters were excellent, the food was just average. Altogether I would say that Carnival is a party ship geared toward drinking. I would not cruise with them again.
Children's Programs Don't know