Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

A Good Time

Sail Date: August 02, 2012

Ship was okay. It was smaller than the last cruise I took, I missed the large screen for movies under the stars at night, and the stadium seating was nice on another ship I was on. The staff were all very nice, but several of us who had been on a cruise before made the comment that the staff wasn't as upbeat and lively as prior cruises. (One of us had just cruised 3 months prior to this trip).

Pros: Just relaxing\, yet plenty to do

Cons: Room was not near what we expected

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

Size was okay; overall it was clean and pretty.
Food was excellent and we liked the later dining. Will skip dining room one night next time to see sunset. We were in the middle of the dining room not near a window and I did miss that experience.
I shared a room with my sister last year and paid quite a bit less than the 4 of us paid for a much smaller room with no couch and not enough room to put each of our 4 suitcases under the beds\, it was very tight and uncomfortable getting ready for dinner. One outlet in the whole cabin. None in the bathroom\, a single vanity and small sink for 4 people to get ready with. We stayed in a cabin all together because there were no two cabins anywhere near each other for us to stay in. This supposedly was a two level upgrade. I would hate to see one anyone less than we had.
Staff was friedly but we had to get our own two extra towels and be very careful to keep up with them to return them to the Lido deck or we would have been charged for them. Came into a room that appeared to be prepared for two. Again never did get a remote control that worked tried several times to get one. Staff did keep room clean and were friendly though.
Commedy and shows were not the same quality as they were on the Triumph. One commedian was at times so crude it was not funny at all. Everyone at our table agreed some of it was just filth not humor. And one musical show we went to was okay but we didn't see any rhyme or reason to it. It didn't make sense or flow well? sorry to be negative but just my opinion.