Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: April 01, 2012

My impression of the ship was disappointing. It was most likely a beautiful ship in the 90s but you could tell it had seen better days.

Pros: The towel animals and sunbathing in the Adult only area. It was the only place to find padded chase lounges and umbrellas.

Cons: The lack of responsibility and overall put out disposition of the staff when dealing with customer issues.

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

The bedroom dcor was outdated, drains in the bathroom were slow and the bed was uncomfortable.
Many of the ornate tiles around the elevator areas were missing. The decks needed to be refinished. It was clean in many of the public areas.
The food was overall decent.
The dining times were convenient.
Some of the weight staff seemed irritated and unresponsive; I went through an entire breakfast without having my water and juice refilled.
The one area that was amazing was the spa. The staff was so warm and friendly. When I spoke with the ladies they were very knowledgeable about their services and went out of their way to be helpful. I would say this is the classiest part of the entire ship.
We booked excursions through Carnival before we boarded and then Carnival delivered our information packets and tickets however they failed to notify us that one of the excursions had been cancelled. If I hadnt been closely looking over the departure times and called attention to the customer service desk we would have ended up losing around $360.00. Also when we called attention to Carnivals mistake she appeared to be irritated and didnt offer any sort of apology, her response was The excursion company should have sent you a notification. That would have been fine and dandy had we been able to receive e-mail and booked directly through the excursion company. Dont waste your time booking through Carnival; they arent responsible enough to handle alerting guests of changes to the excursions they sell.