a nice relaxing break

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 26, 2012

Love the porthole room, same price as an interior but more room and a window! Smaller boat, easy to get around, we were on the R Deck (bottom) so we did alot of stairs every day to get to deck 10 (the pool and sun). Didn't get in the pool, too small, too many kids. Liked the eating area behind the buffet dining room for breakfast or lunch, hardly anyone out there and nice view. Did the your time dinning, which we liked going when we felt like it, but if you love to socialize with the strangers on the boat and like having the same service staff, then you need to stick with a set time for dinning. Bring your allowed 12 non-alcohol drinks per person, your wallet will be glad you did. The food was a little bland for my taste, but we did eat our fair share, nothing "wowed" me, but I did like the part on deck at lunch where you could have them make your own noodle dish, I had all three sauces and it was good. LOVED Mr. Sancho's Beach, recommend for anyone as a stop in Cozumel. Clubs played great dance music at night, started with 70-80's then the hits, always an interesting crowd to watch. Lots of bachelorette parties, birthdays, family reunions, etc. Getting on the boat and getting off, very smooth, probably the best we have experienced.

Food, not all that. Sorry, but I have had better cruise food, and I don't really expect that much. Still, you will never go hungry!

we were there to relax and get sun, so didn't really expect to particpate in anything, and didn't see anything that peaked our interest.

Everyone we encountered was great.

decorations were over the top, as they always are on cruise ships, but it was lovely all the same. Everything was kept very clean. the size made it easy to get a round.

very comfortable porthole room, room stewartess did a Great job for us, always available and got us anything we needed.

Pros: size of ship perfect for us

Cons: uh..would have to be the food, even though I ate lots of it!

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!