Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Young couple that had a great time

Sail Date: January 05, 2012

This was my first cruise and my boyfriend's second. He had sailed Carnival before and wanted to cruise with them again. I have very few complaints about this cruise. Dinner could have been better but our waitress was wonderful. We tipped her extra. There could have been more activities/shows, but I was there to relax anyways. We took the ferry to Playa del Carmen when we stopped in Cozumel which I highly recommend. Then come back early so you have time to eat at Abuelo Gerardo. Off the beaten path, local joint, fantastic.

Pros: Friendly staff, relaxing time, good food most of the time

Cons: Dinner was typically not as good as lunch and breakfast, activity selection

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

If you decide to not eat in the dining room be sure to get your food before 6 because you may not want pizza or like what's left in the grill.
We saw Kim Harrison "Red hott mommy" and thought she was hilarious. the karaokee guy Moe was Awesome. Tommy G in the piano bar was great.
Our room was super clean as was the rest of the ship. Some dirty plats during lunch so look before you put your food on it.
Very clean, bigger than I thought. Large window. Comfortable bed. I took pictures with the towel animal almost every night.