Lacking in Scheduled Activities

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 31, 2011
Ship: Carnival Elation
The ship was great. The staff were amazing. There was just nothing to do.

At times, it seemed that the food options were limited during key eating times, such as when folks were returning from excursions.

From the time I got up until about 7 pm there was nothing to do but eat and drink. Basically, they were counting on he fact that you were too drunk to notice thatthere was nothing to do.

The children's programs were great. My primary concern was that the only things on the ship for children to do was in the children's programs. This was supposed to be a family-friendly ship, but there was nothing to do as a family. Essentially, it was "drop the kid off and parents go party." There needs to be much more effort to have family-friendly activities.

Everyone was great.

My only complaint was that I got charged for InRoom drinks that I never consumed. I went to Guest Services and was assured that it would be resolved and it never was.

Pros: After7pm, there were awesome shows

Cons: From the time you get up until about 7 pm, there is absolutey nothing to do except eat and drink yourself to oblivion.

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.