"A Big Disappointment"

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Mobile Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 18, 2011
Ship: Carnival Elation
The staff were very friendly and accomodating. The cruise itself did not hold much to do for my 10 y.o. outside of pool and food. My room was very difficult to sleep in and particles could be seen floating around and I had to cover my head with robe and quilt to keep particles from going up my nose. This made for unpleasant, long nights and difficult sleep. I can't say I am interested in another Carnival Cruise. This was disaapointing. I was given a robe with stains and a dirty washcloth hung in my stateroom for my new towels to be used. Unsanitary.

Very satisfied with food and service.

The activities I/We participated in were good, comfortable, quick, but not always age appropriate for children (even scheduled children's activities).

There wasn't much to interest my 10 y.o.

Personality of staff and their desire to please was so beautiful and appropriate for someone on vacation.

Was not satisfied with ship's cleanliness.

Uncomfortable, dusty and not strategically comfortable for watching t.v., but bathroom amenities were nice.
Private beaches and Coral Reef, snorkling, swimming.
Playa Del Carmen was nice for those who want to shop, swim and eat without having to cab all over. All in a nice walking distance, great activities to choose from and resorts to visit.
Don't Miss: Flexible choices for activities.

Pros: Reastaurant Staff (Overall)

Cons: Lack of activities for children

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.