Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

"A Big Disappointment"

Sail Date: April 18, 2011

The staff were very friendly and accomodating. The cruise itself did not hold much to do for my 10 y.o. outside of pool and food. My room was very difficult to sleep in and particles could be seen floating around and I had to cover my head with robe and quilt to keep particles from going up my nose. This made for unpleasant, long nights and difficult sleep. I can't say I am interested in another Carnival Cruise. This was disaapointing. I was given a robe with stains and a dirty washcloth hung in my stateroom for my new towels to be used. Unsanitary.

Pros: Reastaurant Staff (Overall)

Cons: Lack of activities for children

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

Uncomfortable, dusty and not strategically comfortable for watching t.v., but bathroom amenities were nice.
Was not satisfied with ship's cleanliness.
Very satisfied with food and service.
The activities I/We participated in were good, comfortable, quick, but not always age appropriate for children (even scheduled children's activities).
There wasn't much to interest my 10 y.o.
Personality of staff and their desire to please was so beautiful and appropriate for someone on vacation.
Private beaches and Coral Reef, snorkling, swimming.
Calica, Mexico
Playa Del Carmen was nice for those who want to shop, swim and eat without having to cab all over. All in a nice walking distance, great activities to choose from and resorts to visit.
Don't Miss: Flexible choices for activities.