Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Everything was just 'OK'.

Sail Date: April 14, 2011

The food was not great, the shows were pretty amature, and the only activities that we were really interested in cost a good bit extra. We were hounded constantley to buy drinks and I felt like I was being followed by paparzzi because at every turn they were trying to get us to take pictures which were outrageously priced.

Pros: I liked Cozumel and the staterooms were pretty good.

Cons: THat everything was just mediocre; food, service, shows, activities.

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

The food wasn't very good. There were quite a few options but there was not anything that really stood out as amazing. If any of the dining options were actual resturants in my town, I wouldn't go back.
The activities were not very well laid out. there were several times when we could not find a thing to do and were sick of laying out in the sun. Then, there were other times when there were two or three things that we were interested in that overlapped. Also, there were quite a few activities that cost a lot extra for example, one game of bingo costs $20.
The ship was very clean and the stewards were great. The layout was ok and the decor was pretty outdated.
Staterooms were pretty good. It was laid out well in ours was easily accessible to the elevators. Still, the walls are very thin and you can hear every word of every conversation passing in the hall.
Staff was decent. No one was overly rude but a few were kind of short with us. Our waiter in the dining room was not very nice.
I really liked Cozumel. We went and saw the Mayan Ruins then went to the beach and shopping. Out guide, Mimi, was great. The beach was fabulous and if I go to Cozumel again (definately not on a cruise) I would rent a jeep and tour the Island myself. Everyone spoke English well and were super friendly. The really appreciate the tourists because they don't really have much of a lively hood if tourism drops. If you want to shop, go downtown. The shops at Puerta Maya are kind of like a Disney representation of Mexico; very cheesy.
Don't Miss: Beach!