First Cruise

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: March 01, 2011
Ship: Carnival Elation
My Husband and I sailed out from Mobile on Mar 3 and returned on the 7th.This was our first cruise. I was very impressed with the staff and food as I was informed that these two are Great. The decor was a bit outdated but it was clean. I can confirm that the room staff and fine dining staff made it personal by remembering our name. I didn't get to enjoy many activities for being sick due to the high winds and bad weather. I think if the weather would have permitted I would have enjoyed myself a little more. I'm looking forward to booking another cruise at a different time of the year hoping this change my view of the cruise scene.

The food was really good. I wish they would improve the quality of the drinks they offer without the drink card. the tea was horrible and so were the juice. i suggest u bring your own water and soft drinks like we did.

I really enjoyed and appreciated the staff. Good Job!

I must say that before we could use all the towels they were being refreshed. The bed was made every single time we left the room. It was very outdated but the cleanliness makes u overlook it.

The rooms were actually bigger than we expected.

Pros: The staff, and the food were wonderful!

Cons: The weather!

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!