Waste of Money!!

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: January 01, 2011
Ship: Carnival Elation
This ship needs major renovations...decor is very outdated. The shows are of very poor quality and the staff is "just doing there jobs" so to speak. In my opinion, this has to do with the prepaid gratuities. The staff already knows what to expect as far as tips go, so I don't feel they put forth any extra effort.

The Buffets are ok if your idea of good food is hospital cafeteria style..YUCK. I think the food at Golden Corral would recieve a "10" compared to the food on this boat. In the dining room it was a little better, however some of the dishes were a little questionable (chilled avocado soup?? need I say more!)

When we arrived in our stateroom, we noticed a very obvious odor in the bathroom. We ran some water in the shower and sink thinking maybe it was because the boat was just sitting. The smell did not go away. After checking out the bathroom, we noticed the trash can mounted on the wall under the sink. This was the cause of the odor or rather its contents. DISGUSTING and I will leave it at that!

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Poor dining, dated shipped, mechanical problems

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.