Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

not recommend

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

Well my birthday experience this weekend was one of the worst ever! My husband got food poisioning on the first actual day of sailing! We then proceeded get medical assistance on the ship and they did not even help us, they just told us that he was to be isolated for the rest of the trip. He was not allowed to participate in anything.(He was being quarantine for the rest of the trip). Meaning that we were unable to enjoy the rest of the trip. He was not allowed to disambark at our destination, and I didn't even get to enjoy my birthday dinner with him.
Today when I informed Carnival of my horrible exeperience. Their answer was "We are sorry but there is nothing that we can do for you". So basically i lost my time and money on this trip that pretty much was a disaster! And my poor husband is still feeling the pain in his stomach from the horrible experience.
The moral of this story is don't book on Carnival, or don't eat because you may get sick and spent your trip on a 4 by 6 cell for 3 days!

Pros: the crew was nice

Cons: the customer service from the actual carnival line.

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.