Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

A critical look at Baja California

Sail Date: July 26, 2008

I have been on one other cruise in the golf of Mexico on another cruise line. Carnival is crawling with children that are not supervised by parents. The shows were boring and the activities were lacking. Worst of all the food offered was substandard. They all say you go on the cruise for the food, not so here.

I recommend not using Carnival if you dont want to participate on others floating daycare and I highly recommend staying in the Golf of Mexico where you will see vegetation and the water is safer.

Pros: The boat did not sink

Cons: Food quality was lacking, destinations were desolate.

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Really not a lot to offer here. I was not sad to go back on ship. The ocean was kind of brutal and they dont recommend getting into the water except at specific locations. You can bargain with the locals.
Don't Miss: Snorkling
Ensenada, Mexico
Kind of desolate, you cant really bargain. Not much in town to do. I did the winery tour which was interesting.
Don't Miss: winery tour