Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Elation needs a new name it was horrible

Sail Date: November 22, 2007

Well from the moment I got on the ship I was let down. This is my 8th cruise but we chose Carnival for my 21st birthday. I had never been on this cruise line before and will never again. There was giant chips in the wall tables and these nasty stains everywhere.

The food was horrible in Tiffanys. The selection was small, and food was always cold. Every piece of meat I had was undercooked. However the dining room food was wounderful.

Drinks where always filled with plenty of alcohol not watered down to bad. The only complaint is that I had to give a credit card to them at the start of the shop to be sure they would have away to charge me. Then when it came down to pay my boyfriend and I split the bill in half and placed them on two diffrent cards. They then charged him 1, my credit card 1 and to much, then charged my debit card 2. So they got to charge me 5 times causing my bank to freeze my account and the cruise took all my money. They yet to take responsibility for this.

The staff was helpful but at the end of the cruise we were having one last drink in Dukes bar. I suddenly couldn't breath and turned pale. My boyfriend works with this machine that is call an ozone. It is used to remove smells like smoke from rooms. However they had it running while we were in there. This i should tell you is un safe due to the high amount of peroxide in the air. Also it is illegal to use this machine in CA. When he went to have someone turn it off they said it was safe. It took 4 staff members to finally find one who will turn it off once we mentioned we would report them.

All in all it was fun but what person wont try to have fun while on a cruise. I was just let down and for my trouble they could have killed us and the kids who were i the room.

Pros: The drinking

Cons: The food

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Do i private tour not through the ship at wild canyon they have cheaper prices and the zip lining was the best ever. They are very fun and want to give you a blast on the tours
Don't Miss: Wild Canyon tours