A Great Time!

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 12, 2007
Ship: Carnival Elation
This was the first cruise that I have been on, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The layout of the ship was very nice - walking in you are in a 7 foot tall entry way with a bar and information desk. The ship was extremely clean, and the staff was friendly. Dinner was by far my favorite part of the day, because you are allowed to pick as many entrees and dishes as you want, and it is a production that takes about 2 hours a night. The waiters at our table went above and beyond my expectations. Entertainment on the ship was good. At night we went to a few comedians (one of whom was very funny, the other who was not) and a kareoke bar. There was also a dance club, but as I am sensitive to the motion of the ship, I didn't much feel like dancing. Overall, I would rate this ship experience "excellent" and would definitely go on a cruise again.
Again, absolutely beautiful. The clear blue water and perfect sand are a definite must see. This port is a bit harder to get to, however, as there is no pier and you must take a ferry to the island (however, the cruise line has them ready to go for you).
Don't Miss: catameran sailing
Absolutely beautiful! Margaritaville added a nice bit of civilization on this otherwise pretty deserted island. The beaches were prestine, and the overall experience was amazing.
Don't Miss: I didn't do any activities
Don't Miss: I didn't do any activities
I was extremely disappointed with Nassau. It is trashy, junky, and very touristy. There is not much shopping other than diamond shops, and the downtown is not pretty. We took a cab out to Paradise Island and after wandering around the Atlantis hotel for about 45 minutes trying to find our way out (with a not very helpful staff) we finally found the public beach. Here were were constantly harrassed by people trying to sell us services or items, and we ended up taking another cab back to the ship after about 45 minutes of this. In the end, we got back on the cruise ship and sat on the deck for about 3-4 hours until the ship finally (thankfully) left Nassau.
Don't Miss: I would not recommend Nassau to anyone
Don't Miss: I would not recommend Nassau to anyone
Don't Miss: catameran sailing

Pros: dinner, port time

Cons: lunch, early closing time for some of the bars

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!