Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A bit disappointed

Sail Date: December 18, 2006

The ship Elation was disappointing. There needs to be some renovations. The stateroom itself was kept very clean by the stateroom attendant and the beds were very comfortable. I found the staff outside of our waiter in the dining room and the stateroom attendant, to be very unfriendly. The food in the Lido lounge, the buffet, was very bland and not a big variety. I have been on other cruise lines, Royal Carribean and Norweigan, and this cruise line was very disappointing in comparison. I will not travel with Carnival again. The agent that booked my cruise was very helpful and when I had to make a name change on the booking it was a very smooth process. I would recommend to take the public transportation and visit sites on your own as opposed to the excursions. The excursions are very expensive and your are huddled in a crowd and rushed through. A taxi in Nassau was $4.00 and took us to Atlantis where for a small fee you can stay all day and use the ammenities. A must see if you travel to Nassau. The entertainment on board the ship was fine and the family enjoyed karaoke. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate this cruise as a 3.

Pros: The best part of this cruise was the comfort of the beds and the trip to Atlantis, as well as the party on Half Moon Cay. The booking agent helped to get my accomodations next to each other as I was traveling with several family members.

Cons: The staff in general were not very friendly, the ship was an older ship and was not very clean. I upgraded to a window unit, however, the window was so dirty and covered with a salty film that we could barely see outside. The food was very disappointing and very little variety.

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)

Don't Miss: visit Atlantis, well worth the fee to use the ammenities, also Senor Frogs
Snorkeling was poor due to rough waters