Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Beautiful Ship!

Sail Date: November 01, 2006

I was really impressed with the Elation. I was expecting a ship similar to the Fantasy and boy was I suprised! This ship is gorgeous! I have been most recentley on The Mariner of the Seas so I had a fancy new ship to compare it to.
This ship was so elegant! It has an Art Deco theme and has marble and Tiffany style stain glass through out the ship. It was decorated for Chrsitmas and it was so pretty. The upgraded bedding was wonderful. The now have the "Westin" style beds. with wonderful feather duvets and comfortable mattresses. I t was hard to get out of bed in the morning. Another great improvement was the lunch and breakfast buffets. It used to be that if you did not eat in the dining room at lunch you had to make do with burger and fries. Not anymore. There are at least three different buffets at every lunch. They offered everything from roast lamb, fried chicken and themed entrees such as Mexican and Caribbean. A nice touch is the dessert and drink carts that come to you table side with some of the best desserts you will ever taste. The breakfast buffett was wonderful also with an omelette station along with all the other food.
The entertainment in the main show room was good. I always enjoy the adult comedy show they have late night. Ther piano player on this cruise was not very personable which was too bad because usually the piano bar is fun. The only problem we had was with room service. Never received our order one evening until we reported to the purser. Our cabin was called and an apology was made and it was a nice follow up to our concern. We did try room service again and ordered a roast beef sandwhich and got a BLT. This was a small compliant thought on what was a wondeful ship and cruise!!

Pros: The food and bedding!

Cons: room service

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!