Simply Elated

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: March 01, 2010
Ship: Carnival Elation
Upon boarding the "Elation" Friday evening I checked my voice mail. I learned that my offer on a 1/2 acre lot in East Highland Ranch, CA was accepted. The architecture of the "Elation" inspired me to design the home that I will build on the lot. The design w as complete by Saturday noon and includes a full height atrium inspired by the "Elation's" five story atrium. I am an unemployed CA registered Architect so the permit process and construction should move rather swiftly. The completed 3 story split level home will be christened "Elation, P.R.". This was my first cruise as a civilian. I did a 4 year gig in the USNavy. The whole experience was incredible as so much fun was compressed into a 3 day weekend cruise. I met people from every corner of the mundo. Bienvindos.

The food was great and plentiful. What can I say, I gained ten pounds. The line dance performed by the serving crew will be remembered at my next party.

24 hours a day something was happening. At 3am on Sunday while on my way to get coffee, I was dancing with a young lady outside the Drama Bar. I only wish we had more time to experience all of the available activities.

Our Indonesian mater de should be commended. Service all over the ship was excellant. A special thaks to Kay from South Africa, Elena of Romania, and Monica of Motenegro.

I surveyed every accessable space of the ship and given a few hours, could draw a set of plans including a structural analysis. The area near the food serving area next to the pool could use additional rest room facilities for the gentlemen.

Our cabin was comfortable. The life preserver locker however prevented easy access to the porthole window. Motif was early eighties and could be modernized with a few improvements and color change. Addition of LED lighting would save energy and add a cool but warm charisma.

Pros: The Cosmopolitan Crew

Cons: Disembarking Procedure

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!